I have compiled a list of five things that sometimes come to my mind when I can’t sleep at night. The mind is a mysterious thing… it takes control and we are all its bitches.
With that said, let’s get this rolling with number one:
1. First year university. I know…it’s random. It was almost five years ago, but for some reason it seems to be my popular insomnia topic of choice. From frosh week to the wild summer after first year, that year has stayed with me. Perhaps it’s because it was my coming out party…or my rebirth…or my introduction into the real world…or just a really fun year. Or the year that I realized that freedom tastes better than anything else I could ever imagine. Even though since then that year has been slightly overshadowed by even more exciting stuff such as moving to California, it still resonates with me, and I hope it always will. The worst thing in life is forgetting or taking advantage of the rare beautiful things that land at your doorstep.
Now on to number 2:
2. Sylvester Stalone. That sexxxyyy bod, that orgasmic voice…”ADRIANNNNE.” Ok….No. I’m totally just fucking with you right now. I don’t spend my precious insomnia hours thinking about Rocky (although I do love those movies!), but I do however spend my time thinking about guys. This is pretty much a no brainer. They always keep life interesting…And I’m very appreciative of that.
3. Making a list about all the things I have to do this week. (Insert nerd joke here.)
4. Shoes, clothing, etc. Has anyone else ever dreamt about having a computerized closet where you could scroll through all your clothing and accessories, mixing and matching them to make an outfit? Naturally, this computer system would have really hot models in the program, so you could see how your outfit would look on a sexy bod. This is one of my many dreams.
5. Sleep. We all want what we can’t have. It’s a fact of life.
And finally, all I’d like to say is,
DAMN YOU INSOMNIA!
But on the bright side, it does give me lots of time to catch up on all my favourite TV shows…at the moment I’m in a Sons of Anarchy, Shameless, Dragons Den, Shark Tank, The Shield, Law and Order SVU, Criminal Minds, Judge Judy, and Dr. Phil kind of phase… So much good TV…so many hours of insomnia… ’tis the perfect combination!
(Note: I have several articles in the works right now, but the time between me starting an article and being satisfied with it enough to post it, is sometimes a long and unruly process. In the mean time, I have posted this little article…but keep your eyes open for a bunch more, hopefully coming really soon!)