Happiness comes in many forms. Tomorrow happiness will be shaped like a turkey for many people, or perhaps even a pumpkin pie.
I’ve gone to two Friendsgiving dinners in the past couple of weeks and both of them had two things in common:
- A ton of food
- The most sophisticated Fall decor
Tomorrow’s thanksgiving will be slightly different though because there will be two other things on our minds besides the food we eat and the dishes we eat them on. I’ll be giving thanks for:
- the Gilmore Girls four part episode series premiering at midnight
- Black Friday sales
Before these events can commence, we need strategies for surviving the meal:
- Have a tiny bit of everything
- Ditch the before dinner rolls
When you’re in the middle of all the madness, take a deep breath and remember:
- Pace yourself, it’s not a race.
- Keep your wine glass full.
Make your life easier – what not to wear on Thanksgiving:
- Bodycon dress. Where will the turkey go if you don’t let your stomach breathe?
- High-waisted skinny jeans. You don’t have to go so far as to wear sweatpants, but remember that a stretchy waistband is probably best!
When the meal is over, two things will help you in your overly satisfied state:
- Sitting by the fireplace with a green tea in hand
- Watching a movie: preferably a cheesy one that starts with a family crisis and ends with a happy family sitting around the table enjoying a holiday dinner. Bring on the sappiness.