With Thanksgiving around the corner most of you will be jetting off somewhere to spend the holiday with family or friends! While being with family and eating obscene amounts of food you’d never normally eat is the fun part, getting there via flying is the necessary hassle!
There seems to be a common misconception that when you fly, the only way to be comfortable is if you look like you just got out of bed. I remember a person once telling me that they would laugh at any woman they saw wearing heels in the airport. Well, I’m definitely a woman that wears heels in the airport. Just because I’m preparing for a journey through the sky, doesn’t mean I have to throw away my usual “style staples.”
Instead, there are a few style rules I follow when traveling.
- Layers: The only thing worse than being too hot on a plane, is being freezing cold on a plane. I’ve definitely experienced both. Living in San Francisco has taught me the art of layering. It can be applied to airport style to give you ultimate comfort every step of your trip.
2. The pants you wear should be comfortable and soft. Most importantly, whatever you wear should be long enough to cover your entire legs from touching those scratchy plane seats. While many people choose leggings, a pair of soft flared jeans while give you even more style without compromising your level of comfort.
3. As for shoes, you should be able to walk quickly and efficiently in them. That being said, there are a ton of heels that can be even more comfortable than flats!
4. A headband to keep your hair tucked comfortably behind your ears is always a plus.
5. Lastly, a cross-body handbag can go a long way when you’re juggling all your luggage. The more time you can spend with nothing in your hands besides your passport and your plane ticket, the better. A handbag with a cross-body strap will ensure you’ve always got your important items right on your person.